What are Anaphylaxis triggers?
Allergies these days can take many forms, including but not limited to:
Common food-related triggers:
Anaphylaxis can also be triggered by non food-related forms such as:
- Tree nuts (Brazil nuts, cashews etc)
- Fish and shellfish
- Dairy produce such as milk or eggs.
- Bee and wasp stings
- Medicines, most commonly antibiotics or aspirin
- Latex such as in rubber gloves or contraceptives
- Exercise (yes really!)
- Sometimes the cause may be unknown (this is known as idiopathic).